Thread: Powermatic PM2200 Cyclone Vacuum

Powermatic PM2200 Cyclone Vacuum

Can anyone that has purchased/used this new vacuum provide any comments on it? Thanks

Hadn't seen that offering before. Looks like they took all the common lacking/requests of the most popular dust collectors and crammed it all into a mobile package. Except drum fill level sensing that is. And WOW are they asking a lot for that. $3K seems a little steep. Also I wonder how well that mini cyclone they used works at separating. Do you really need/want a 3HP dust collector to be mobile? Are you not planning on running rigid ducting?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

It is going to suffer the lower separation as all the other short squat cyclones. If you don't need it to be mobile and don't have a height issue for $3k you can get a 5hp Oneida or Clearvue.

I don't really understand why so many of the machine manufactures build these short mobile cyclones, is it that most people actually need the mobility and/or are height restricted or do they simply make one model that will physically work for the most people?
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

It must be good since the Wood Whisperer is making a cameo in the commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl2tupYBfbI
    Dick Mahany.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Mahany View Post
    It must be good since the Wood Whisperer is making a cameo in the commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl2tupYBfbI
    I think he's the only one they are sponsoring, so it must be part of their agreement.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    I think he's the only one they are sponsoring, so it must be part of their agreement.
    They sponsor Johnny Brooke as well. What's funny is that TWW doesnt even use Powermatic dust collection in his shop. He uses Oneida.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim M Tuttle View Post
    What's funny is that TWW doesnt even use Powermatic dust collection in his shop. He uses Oneida.
    In the last AZ shop he had ClearVue. I can't remember what was before that. I imagine the dust collection has always been "allowed" in his agreements with M since they do not have an actual competing product and this one still doesn't compete directly with a 5hp tall cyclone.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.