Thread: personal message popup wont go away!

personal message popup wont go away!

I have read, and responded off-line to this message from another member but the popup comes every time I change from one group to another, say from carving to neanderthal. How do I make this stop? It is quite annoying.
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

Have you tired logging out and logging back in? If that doesn't fix it, you may have to log out, remove the SMC cookie and then re-login to clear the notice. If that doesn't work...an admin will have to look into it further for you.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by mike holden View Post
    I have read, and responded off-line to this message from another member but the popup comes every time I change from one group to another, say from carving to neanderthal. How do I make this stop? It is quite annoying.
    Yikes, I haven't seen that one. I wonder if this feature uses a cookie on the computer. In case they are corrupted, maybe try deleting and logging in again.

If the problem is just with that message, does deleting it (and maybe your response) do anything.

If none of this works and a solution doesn't come soon, it might be useful to indicate what kind of device you are using (iPad, phone, computer), browser in use, and whether you are running in the standard or mobile mode - maybe someone knows of a specific problem.

JKJ

thank you for the quick replies.
    Logging out and back in did the trick.
    Again, thank you!
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

It's likely that your "login cookie" got stuck. Signing out and re-signing in sometimes clears that. This doesn't happen often, but "some glitch" on the Internet can play with the ones and zeros in strange ways sometimes!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...