Thread: Corel 2017 & RD Works V8 Problem

Corel 2017 & RD Works V8 Problem

I'm having trouble transferring a file from Corel to RD Works. it's the POW-MIA file for reference, and the problem is everything looks good in Corel, I've made sure each letter is outlined but when I open in RD Works there are lines missing. I've blown it up in RDW and tried without success to repair the open spots. I've also tried importing the file from different sources but they may all have the same source because that hasn't helped. Any thoughts will be appreciated. P.S. An hour later......I have no explanation but.... I've managed to group things so "they stay together" from Corel to RDW but.....the little chain at the bottom is still a problem. In RD Works I've blown it up and all the lines are definitely there but when I transfer it to the laser one link is obviously missing(:
    Last edited by Steve Middleton; 10-11-2018 at 12:34 PM.

have you checked the object manager in Corel? Some of the pieces may be on a layer that has printing turned off, if so those pieces won't leave the building!

Quick fix that usually works for me, simply copy the whole thing, open a new Corel window, and paste it there, and usually everything will export from the paste as it should (all the extraneous layers are gone in the pasted version)
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks Kev I'll try that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    have you checked the object manager in Corel? Some of the pieces may be on a layer that has printing turned off, if so those pieces won't leave the building!

Quick fix that usually works for me, simply copy the whole thing, open a new Corel window, and paste it there, and usually everything will export from the paste as it should (all the extraneous layers are gone in the pasted version)

I've spent some time on this and I believe the problem is on the front art? I've wasted several hours but I'm beginning to believe I'd be better off...for simple projects....to created them in Corel and then edit as needed? I'll tackle it again tomorrow and let you know how that works out. LOL.

After several fruitless days I finally made some progress yesterday. I generated my own art and still had problems with alignment and RD Works. That turned out to be a simple case of ignorance. Actually not simple but "profound" ignorance in my case as there was plenty of evidence of a problem but I didn't understand what I was seeing. I finally put the art on a grid which helped a bunch so at least it's a small step in the right direction

Only other thoughts I have is if you have any intersecting or crossing thru other lines? I use a weird font I downloaded occasionally that I use for tool engraving, and if I try to expand the character outlines, about half of them will disappear and/or give me a bunch of crazy circles & stuff...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know Based on everything I've read from the forum I knew it would take several months, perhaps more for me, to learn just the basics and that is helping me keep things in perspective.