Thread: Dewalt 618 Router 8MM Collet?

Dewalt 618 Router 8MM Collet?

I'm really surprised that I'm finding it difficult to find an 8mm collet, not collet adapter, for a Dewalt 618 router. I want to use it with my Leigh Jig. Doesn't Dewalt make one? Thanks for the help.

You can find 8mm and 10mm bushings from Amana. I've used them to use 10mm milling bits in 1/2" router collet with success.

I bought one from Elaire corp

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Mac View Post
    I bought one from Elaire corp
    I all so bought 8mm collets for my DW618 routers from Elaire.

Just ordered one. Thanks!

It's quite amazing to me that DeWalt sells their routers in other countries where metric bits are the norm, so they must have metric collets for them, but you can't find these metric collets here. It's good to know that Elaire has them available here.

Charley

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Lent View Post
    It's quite amazing to me that DeWalt sells their routers in other countries where metric bits are the norm, so they must have metric collets for them, but you can't find these metric collets here. It's good to know that Elaire has them available here.

Charley
    Charley, never thought about that. That's very true. Why is that???

They have to make the metric collets so as to be compatible w/ have access to the foreign market, but they don't want to go to the trouble of making them available in other areas due to the added expense, possible confusion, and increased customer support costs.

The Elaire Corp. collets are much better made IME than the stock ones. Highly recommended.

Cool...got one coming.