Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: router table options

Have had my router table as part of my principal table saw for decades. Wonderful setup that allows me to use the Unifence with the router also. Built the table from an old cast iron table saw top.

"Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

I'm in the separate pieces camp. Unless space is really tight, I think you'd find it's easier to deal with them as separate.

I'll also give you an alternate idea for the router table. Have a look at the Router Boss. I have one in my shop and wouldn't trade it for anything. Anything I might do on the router table can be done with the Router Boss and more. Since it mounts on the wall, it doesn't take up floor space and it's always ready to go. Don't get me wrong. I like my router table too. It's a great way to use my Porter Cable PC-121 OSS.

Blog Entries
    My router table is attached to my tablesaw but, not as an extension per se. Both tools enjoy the additional surface for material support. I use the same feed direction for both and have the miter slot to cutter distance matched to I can use jigs interchangeably.

RT 20160303.jpg

I did the same with my previous saw.

RT-and-TS-view-2.jpg
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Too many to list individually so thanks to each of you that responded.
    Fortunately space is not an issue for me at the moment. I have a shop that is mostly empty.
    Based on the feedback and since I have plenty of room, I am leaning toward a stand alone unit. However, y'all got me thinking that
    the router table might not be my 2nd tool purchase.
    I intend to buy the 52" 3 hp saw stop TS. However, before opening my mind to the sawstop, I was looking strongly at the grizzly brand.
    What do y'all think of grizzly as far as jointers, planers, and/or bandsaws? Any suggestions on which models/brands? It appears that some quality options for each of these tools are available for $500-$1000?
    I'd rather not spend more than necessary but don't mind paying a little extra for quality.
    Thanks again for all your input. I am looking forward to learning what I can and the experience shared by folks like y'all on these boards is invaluable and appreciated.

I started a thread like this not too long ago. Months of looking. Just Friday, I decided on Rocklers Pro-phenolic table and fence. Was busy this weekend so it's still in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy romoser View Post
    What do y'all think of grizzly as far as jointers, planers, and/or bandsaws? Any suggestions on which models/brands? It appears that some quality options for each of these tools are available for $500-$1000?
    I have a Shop Fox 1741 Jointer(retail version of the Grizzly G0490), A Grizzly G0453X 15" spiral head planer, and a Grizzly G0513X2 bandsaw. I am very happy with all of them.