Thread: 4 player Shut the Box

4 player Shut the Box

I made these for X-mas presents. Easy to make but a little time consuming. I think I should have just made a single row "travel" version.

Shut the Box (1).JPG

Shut the Box (2).jpg

Shut the Box (3).JPG

Walnut, Soft Maple, Cherry. Red felt is glued to 1/4 Knotty Alder MDF core ply. It was all scraps. I bought some 1/8" copper at Lowe's and had a hell of a time getting it straightened. Next time I'll just buy "rod". Each number is spaced with a 3/16 washer. Finish is 1:1:1 of Spar, MS, and BLO.

I got the idea while perusing a Xmas edition of Duluth Trading Company's clothing magazine last year. What I saw was a "single player" 1-9 numbers.

Thanks for looking.
    -Lud

Really nice, and a great gift idea!

That's interesting! (and looks well-made)

I must confess - I'm pushing 70 and this is the first time I've ever heard of this game! Fortunately, Sir Google to the rescue: https://www.mastersofgames.com/rules/shut-box-rules.htm Apparently I've not spent enough time in English pubs.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    That's interesting! (and looks well-made)

I must confess - I'm pushing 70 and this is the first time I've ever heard of this game! Fortunately, Sir Google to the rescue: https://www.mastersofgames.com/rules/shut-box-rules.htm Apparently I've not spent enough time in English pubs.

JKJ
    You're not alone! When I first saw a picture of the game my first response was, "what the?"
    -Lud