Thread: York Smartman 350E engraver problem

York Smartman 350E engraver problem

My etcher is recently floating the engraved image down about 1/4" from the origin position as the engraver moves from right to left down the table. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Glennis
    Welcome to SMC. I have only a suggestion. It sounds like a mechanical issue to me. I would be looking at the alignment of your motion system. Make sure everything is in alignment-tighten screws/set screws; clean, lubricate. Checks belts, motor mounts, etc.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check all those things out and hopefully it will help!

I searched the 'net, couldn't find a York engraver?

anyway-- an iffy connection to a stepper motor can cause that, also, just plain old stepper motors can do this- The 1982 Concept 2000 my BIL uses daily was upgraded around 1990 with Fred Schwart'z Q1E stuff, which included new stepper motors. A few years ago the machine started 'walking'- after not finding a connection or mechanical reason for the problem I went online and found the same steppers for sale (I forget where) and ever since replacing them it hasn't missed a beat...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle