not trying stir up anything, honest, but the worlds largest open pit copper mine (Kennecott) is 8 miles from me, and the cost of union labor all but closed the place down, it cost them more in labor just to excavate than China and others charged for finished product. If it wasn't for all the gold and other stuff they keep digging up the place would've closed years ago. And within spitting distance of 'my' boat harbor used to be Geneva Steel, at one point the largest steel mill west of the Mississippi, producing 60% of the country's steel...Closed in 2001, no longer able to compete. There's an old Silver mine (Mercur) that closed a LONG time ago, a few folk attempted to resurrect the place a few times, last time was sometime in the mid 90's, but they soon closed up...

Some things just can't be brought back from the dead. Tariffs sure as hell aren't going to...

And I've searched high and low for a USED fiber laser, all I can find are worn out megawatt cutting machines. All new ones that are sold from the US are either shipped from China, or have been shipped from China, with prices hiked to cover the tariffs AND so-called 'customer service'.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll stay in 'wait mode', until I actually find a used 50w galvo fiber, or the asinine idea that tariffs will HELP anyone in this country finally gives way to common sense (not holding my breath for the latter...)