Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tariffs, taxes duties--?

I agree, you need to put it into perspective. A western Fiber is $40,000. A Chinese one was $10,000 4 years ago but have dropped to $5,500-6,000. Now they are at $8,000 with duties. Still seems like a bargain. You can make the different in duties in 1 day, quite easily. But complaining that they are no longer affordable compared to a western machine just isn't the case.

The price on them is back to where it was 4 years ago before the priced dropped quite rapidly. Not like it's now a Chinese machine for $25,000 or a western machine for $40,000. It's still a sub $10K machine. That's a deal, taxes or no taxes.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

If a 25% increase due to the US/China Tariff war is too much, just wait a few months. I expect this to be over if not by the end of the year, by the 1st quarter of 2019. Every country/region has come to an agreement with tariffs except China, & their stability looks to be rapidly weakening. Only a matter of time now.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

I'll probably be biting the tariff bullet to pick up a new machine before it gets worse. I can't wait till the farce is over with. The only saving grace is the (I assume) tax deduction.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Remember that the additional 25% tariff charges are applied to the original Chinese manufacturing invoiced price to the end customer or in my case a distributor. I can only speak to the additional charges for 20W to 60W Fiber lasers. You can expect to see an additional charge between $1000 to $2000 range depending on the model. We have seen some Chinese manufacturers trying to limit the tariff damage by creating 2 invoices, splitting the price in 2. They will only present 1 of the manufacturing invoices hoping to lower the tariff. We won't be doing that!
    Floyd