Thread: Easy finish

Easy finish

can anyone tell me a quick and easy finish for small lided boxes or finals,,,i have tried the ob shine juice which I don't get very good results,,and the mylands friction polish which I think is a rip off,,i never had good results with it,,,any inputs would greatly be appreciated

i use the cream in this line and like the results. Quick and easy
    http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/pag...at=1,190,42942

You want shiny or not so shiny?

For a shiny finish on finials and other small spindles I like to use Mylands friction polish (shellac-based). Most of these are Mylands:

tops01.jpg wands_bowl_P7203947cs.jpg

For boxes and bowls I usually use multiple coats of "danish" oil since I like the look, but it certainly is not quick. Just one coat for not so shiny. If in a hurry, TruOil (actually a type of varnish I think) for shiny is a lot quicker. Many people use wipe-on polly or spray lacquer for a quick finish on boxes. For some woods I use no finish, just polish the wood directly. This works well for some woods like cocobolo and ebony - can get a beautiful shine.

Ebony boxes with threaded lids, no finish:
    threaded_ebony_3_IMG_6755.jpg

JKJ

I’ve recently started using Parfix CA glue as a finish. One coat, wipe on wipe off. Let it dry for a few minutes or hit with accelerator then buff.

I sanded and finished 4 bowls today.

Look for Mark Sillay videos on YouTube for the glue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Where did I put that?