Thread: Epilog Laser Driver Issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Epilog Laser Driver Issue

Setting up a new to me mini 24 and I have met an issue. Tech support isn't open but I will call them when they are. I thought I would post to see if anyone here has a solution.

I followed the install instructions (usb) and it worked fine, did a couple test engraves and it worked perfectly.

Turned the machine off and installed the rotary and when I went to send a job to it for some reason windows had an issue. Instead of showing up as the printer it now shows up as two seperate devices. One labelled "laser engraver" and "unknown usb device (device descriptor failed)". I've reset my computer and the laser a number of times and attempted to uninstall the driver (I think I did, but windows 10 doesn't make it easy). Now it tells me the latest driver is installed and doesnt allow me to go through the install steps.

I hate USB, and I hate drivers.

Not sure I can be of help, but one of my kids showed me this trick last week while trying to force 2 versions of the same driver on my win7

to inspect all your printers and drivers:

click START, then type "print" in the search--

of the list that comes up, choose "print management"

Up should pop the print management 'console', there will be one or two "drivers" selections, click one, and all your print drivers should show up. Just right click the driver you're trying to delete, and click 'delete'. That should do it

Also, right clicking on 'drivers' brings up a sub menu to 'manage drivers' or 'Add Driver'-- you can try re-installing the driver here too...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I hate USB, and I hate drivers.

Not sure I can be of help, but one of my kids showed me this trick last week while trying to force 2 versions of the same driver on my win7

to inspect all your printers and drivers:

click START, then type "print" in the search--

of the list that comes up, choose "print management"

Up should pop the print management 'console', there will be one or two "drivers" selections, click one, and all your print drivers should show up. Just right click the driver you're trying to delete, and click 'delete'. That should do it

Also, right clicking on 'drivers' brings up a sub menu to 'manage drivers' or 'Add Driver'-- you can try re-installing the driver here too...
    Yea I've deleted and installed the driver a few times and no dice. I did get it to see the printer once randomly but I have no idea what caused that. Of course I just had to turn it off to reset my zero after using center center and now it won't see the laser again

And you have Windows 10, correct? Do you have the updated drivers... if there is one for your machine?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

yes windows 10 and I downloaded the latest driver from the epilog site

switch over to cat-5 network connection... Soooooo much better! not sure it will eliminate your issue, but could help. Make sure you have a cross-over or use a hub between computer & laser
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav