Thread: Bandsaw Table Help

Bandsaw Table Help

Hi everybody, I am in need of some help with getting my bandsaw table flat. I got my first bandsaw, a Laguna 14BX, in June and have been using it for resawing and have had no issues. I finally decided to try some curves a couple of weeks again and noticed that my piece was hitting the back half of the table at the split. My straight edge showed me the back half was up higher so I left the split bolt in and loosed the trunion knobs to see if there was too much tension on them. Same results.

I contacted Laguna, they asked me some questions, then sent me a new table. I got it installed yesterday and it's a little better but has the same issue. I tried and tried to get somebody on the phone at Laguna and finally got a guy that sent me a sheet on adjusting the three trunion set screws. I followed the directions and it didn't help so I've been trying different combinations of set screws height. I can get it so there's only a sliver of light showing where the front half is lower at the gap, but no matter what I do the back half is always slightly higher. High enough that when I slide my straight edge across the table it catches.

Are my expectations too high? Or should I be able to get the table perfectly flat? I tried calling Laguna one more time yesterday, but I guess their customer service people leave sooner than everyone else. Any help would be much appreciated and sorry for the novel

Is the table flat before installing it onto the trunnions? If not it is probably another bad table but if so then there is some kind of problem with the mounting mechanism. I've had fairly decent customer service from Laguna but they are sometimes hard to get a prompt response. Try emailing them also and see if that gets a reply. I have a 1412 and the table on it is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Weber View Post
    Is the table flat before installing it onto the trunnions? If not it is probably another bad table but if so then there is some kind of problem with the mounting mechanism. I've had fairly decent customer service from Laguna but they are sometimes hard to get a prompt response. Try emailing them also and see if that gets a reply. I have a 1412 and the table on it is fine.
    I should have looked at it before, but I didn't think it would be accurate without all the tension on it. I have looked at it with the trunion knobs loose and the table split nut in place and it doesn't seem to matter. The back is still a hair higher