Thread: 6442s controller dead, new machine

6442s controller dead, new machine

Hello,

I imported a beautiful grey/blue 1390 lasermachine to Belgium.
    the specs: w2 reci tube, CW5000 SA chiller, ruida 6442S, leadshine motors, up/down table chain driven , auto focus, asked for HIWIN rails but did get another brand.
    powersupply 24v and 36v are Meanwell brand.
    First thing i noticed was the bad grounding of the machine. Also i noticed there was no EMI filter installed and no circuit breaker,
    The groundingconnectors from the laser psu ,24v and 36v powersupllies are not wired...
    Also the emergency button is used as powerbutton to start chiller, ventilation and airpump.
    I grounded the machine but i think this was not good enough.

After 2 days my machine was dead. The only thing i did was moving the guiderails without power , because i needed thighten up the belt. Directly after this the controller was dead/broken.
    The 24v powersupply gives power to the ruida controller but no leds are blinking, lcd screen does not light up .the 24v output on the controller are also ok.
    Can it be due bad grounding, static electricity and missing EMI filter?
    i think by moving the rails stepper or belt maybe build up some static electricity?
    About electronics i don't know anything.Maybe someone can help me out?

20181004_185205.jpg20180920_205044.jpg
    Last edited by bart vandegoor; 10-06-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    OMNI CNC plasma table 120A 6090
    OMNI CNC CO2 laser 80w 6090
    Fiber Raycus 20W split-type

For what it is worth, I have read warnings about moving the Y rail by hand that state moving it too quickly will allow the stepper motor to generate current that can cause damage. Hopefully that isn't the case in your situation but I thought I should mention it.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

Blog Entries
    Supposedly this could damage some electronics. In order to reset my Y rail when I change over to using rotary, I have to push it manually back. I do slowly, taking about 5-10 seconds for full distance. So far no issue.
    I WOULD change up and NOT power ANYTHING through the laser except the laser. The power strip mounted to the back of these is notoriously under rated along with poorly grounded and wire is undersized. I have one 5watt led light I have plugged into mine.
    Chiller air pump and exhaust are all powered off different circuit and wiring. Just sayin
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Over the years I've moved the gantry in my LS900 by hand several times, moving it more than slooowly will light up the 110v florescent cabinet light! And a month ago my laser controller went out and had to be sent to Gravograph to be repaired. What was bad was the X-axis driver. Oddly, it's the Y-axis that I move most often, but I'm still thinking I possibly contributed, if not directly caused the failure by moving the gantry too fast when powered down...

That said, could there be a fuse blown in the controller?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I opened the controller but there is no fuse i think, monday i will contact the supplier and hopefully they will send me a new RD6442 controller.

2 safety diodes on the print of the 6442 controller where blown. I received a new controller and display from the seller.
    After plugging in the controller also did not start.
    After some testing i found out the 5V on the CN3 connector was in short circuit.
    This plug is used for the red pointer.
    Now i just have to find out if the pointer is bad or the wire is cut and touches the alu frame.
    More news later.

My broken controller is getting repaired also , so then i have a spare.
    OMNI CNC plasma table 120A 6090
    OMNI CNC CO2 laser 80w 6090
    Fiber Raycus 20W split-type