Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimono Style Work Coat?

Kimono Style Work Coat?

I was watching a youtube vid on Japanese WW and the guy was wearing an awesome kimono style denim shop coat. Im wondering if anyone here knows where I can find one of these?

Kimono? I think of kimonos as having big floppy sleeves -- not the best thing in a woodshop. Maybe you could post a screen grab from the video?

Lost the location of the vid. It's a full cross front for coverage, with tighter sleeves than the norm and was no danger.. It was regular denim. I suppose I could substitute a Judo Gi, but I think this work coat had a pocket in front.

Dude,that is what hoodies are for..

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    Dude,that is what hoodies are for..
    Been there...done that.

I've only ever noticed folks using that kind of clothing for hand-tool work. I'd be interested in actually seeing a photo of what you are considering.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Like a dentist coat with a wrap over front so the buttons do not hit the patient in the face? I think some cooks coats are similar.

Like what Judo or Karate guys wear, only in denim. You're right about the hand tool guys. I think that's where I saw it.

OK...this guy's wearing something very close to what I originally saw..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqw6XHcAQIc

By the way...this guy is crazy! Watch the end, when he's fitting the drawers so perfectly, that when he pushes on in, another slides out! Insane!

Jerry

"It is better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation" - Herman Melville

Wish I knew someone in Japan. I'll bet these things are all over the place over there.

Blog Entries
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    Brian! That's it! Sign me up. Where can I get one of those? They are awesome!