Thread: A warning regarding Woodworkers Source

A warning regarding Woodworkers Source

I have ordered a few times from these folks and previously received good stock from them. I recently ordered some genuine mahogany and got very poor quality boards. I mentioned it to them in a friendly manner and they asked for pics. I sent pics and then they went to radio silence - no response whatsoever. After waiting about a week for a response, I entered a negative review for the product and it was not posted. Obviously, they are only postimg the positive reviews.

Like me, I'm some here have had good luck with them in the past, but screening reviews is not an acceptable business practice.

Seems pretty shady. This will make me think twice about giving them my business. I wonder what other shady business practices they do that we don't know about.

Blog Entries
    Service after the sale is what creates customers. Just look at the rave reviews businesses who practice that get on the forums. You would think other businesses would notice as well.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Sorry to hear this, I'm in the Phoenix area and have dealt with the owners and staff personally on quite a few occasions, good folks IMO and have never heard negatives like this before, hope its an anomaly. Only gripe I have is their prices are high....

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Service after the sale is what creates customers. Just look at the rave reviews businesses who practice that get on the forums. You would think other businesses would notice as well.
    I don't know or deal with them but if I did I'd be inclined to send them a link to this thread so they will know the type of feedback going public. (After reading this I'd personally hesitate before ordering from them.) Perhaps they will appreciate the feedback and the opportunity to correct customer service weaknesses.
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 10-06-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jery Madigan View Post
    I entered a negative review for the product and it was not posted. Obviously, they are only postimg the positive reviews.

Like me, I'm some here have had good luck with them in the past, but screening reviews is not an acceptable business practice.
    I had a similar experience with a car dealership not too long ago. The dealership always reminds its customers that anything that is not a 10 out 10 rating in a post-service industry survey, it considers itself not performing well. When I alerted the dealership that I was not 101% happy with my latest service and hence a 10 out of 10 would not be given this time, it did not send me any survey!

I learned...next time I am not going to tell how I would rate beforehand.

Trying to hide a bad customer review instead of addressing it head-on is going to cost the Woodworkers Source some business. I, for one, would probably avoid this vendor. I got some biscuits and dowel supplies from it before.

Simon

Yep. Woodworkers Source has been in my file of "just in case I need" info, but will be duly labeled with this poor customer service so I don't inadvertently order anything from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jery Madigan View Post
    I have ordered a few times from these folks and previously received good stock from them. I recently ordered some genuine mahogany and got very poor quality boards. I mentioned it to them in a friendly manner and they asked for pics. I sent pics and then they went to radio silence - no response whatsoever. After waiting about a week for a response, I entered a negative review for the product and it was not posted. Obviously, they are only postimg the positive reviews.

Have you called them on the telephone since you sent the pics? Or have you done all your follow up since the pics in email? I ask because sometimes email gets ignored when a call gets answered. Sometimes.

I'd be mad too. Good luck!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I was curious to find out how WS says it would handle issues like the one the OP shares, and found this link: https://www.woodworkerssource.com/shop/guar.html

According to their procedures, after photos are sent, "Let's discuss" is the next step. That did not seem to have taken place after a week they received the photos. Unless WS does not have the OP's contact info. (email/phone #), I would expect the onus to initiate the "Let's discuss" should rest with the vendor. No?

(WS had a second chance to initiate the second step when it received the negative review from the OP, which it seems to have chosen not to publish, too. If they were very busy, they should at least let the OP know they would follow it up shortly, as a courtesy.)

Simon
    Last edited by Simon MacGowen; 10-06-2018 at 7:42 PM.

Give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon MacGowen View Post
    I would expect the onus to initiate the "Let's discuss" should rest with the vendor. No?Simon
    Simon, your points are all valid. But I keep thinking that this is a company that's been pretty good in the past, so their lack of response might be some screw up with their email system or an employee who dropped the ball. Might be. Rather than assume that this previously OK company has "gone south" right off the bat, personally, I'd initiate the call rather than sit there dissatisfied.

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Sometimes the email does not get sent. Check your outbox and/or sent folder.

And sometimes there are problems with the recipient's email. As if the file is too large or is tagged for spam.

Blog Entries
    The OP has been asked to call Woodworkers Source and speak with someone in management.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute