Thread: Help with dust collection adapters

Help with dust collection adapters

I have a tool whose dust port accepts a 2.25" vacuum hose, like from my shop-vac. However, I would prefer to connect a 4" flexible hose, tied into my dust collection system, using that larger hose and greater volume of air-movement to pull the wood chips from the tool.

Can someone point me to such an adapter? Maybe a link to the vendor's page for that item. I've seen plenty of adapters that go the other way (connect a small hose to a large port), but haven't found one to do this:

Tool with 2.25" dust port -- ADAPTER -- 4" dust collection hose

Thanks.

Robert

Rockler probably has what you need. https://www.rockler.com/dust-collect...ction-fittings

Not sure that will move more air, since it's still restricted by the port opening at the machine. If you want to move more air, you'd need to widen that port.

Go to your local BORG and get a Fernco coupling from the plumbing department. They make a coupling that will fit. Last one I bought cost about $7.
    But as Roy said, with a 2 1/2" port you will still be restricting the air flow.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Omg! I feel your pain. I tried to get my ridgid shop vac to attach to my dewalt miter saw and found nothing to make it work.

Then I tried to get my dust collector for my lathe to fit a rockler dust collection hose. Fail.

It actually can be done if you connect a million pieces together or if you don't care that the adapters stick out a foot

Solution. Make your own. Cut a piece of wood in a circle to fit into the larger port. Then cut a smaller circle into that same piece of wood and jam the smaller port into it. If it's a permanent set up, hot glue it together.

:::::mental note:::: open vacuum hose attachment business.

I'm not much help but I found a link on youtube and heated some PVC and was able to improvise a couple odd ball connectors....one step up and one down. I scrapped a couple each way but I did make it work.

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking of a plywood box, about 6 inches on a side with various size holes, one on each side, to be used as a universal adapter. I'll leave it to the brain trust to design a way to close the sides not in use.