Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No. 81 Stanley Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    Chris, is there a specific job that you want this scraper plane to do? There may be better alternatives available.

Regards from Perth

Derek
    No not really Derek. I am using Blackwood which has some nasty grain in it and wanted to dress up some areas that were still a bit rough after going through the A3. I have owned this thing for some years and never used it so decided to give it a whirl and see what happens and learn something at the same time. I might give Stewie's idea a go to see what happens I just need to find a thumb screw or I might put a grub screw in it so it is less obvious and for no other reason. Stewie, how do you set the blade protrusion?
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Chris; with the sole of the plane resting on top of the workbench surface. No additional packing was used. Apply some light even pressure over the top of the blade before securing the blade in position using the front locking screw.

(To prevent damaging the turned hook always feed the blade in from the soles mouth opening.)
    Last edited by Stewie Simpson; 10-08-2018 at 4:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    Thanks for all the advise, I will give it a go later on today. All the experts on YT don't seem to think it is so tricky, I wonder why that is. It might be because they are experts?
    Plenty of folks don'y think setting a plane iron with a plane hammer is tricky either. I find it too fussy for the result and travel another road ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler