Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quality no-leak air line quick connects?

All mine are Milton, for no better reason than that's what I started with. Some are over 40 years old. I only ever remember replacing one out of more than a couple of dozen.

I don't know what brand we use, but they last a couple of years. Which is pretty good considering on a bench they get unplugged and plugged in 50 times a day easily.

I use Milton "A" style.

Push to connect, no need to pull a sleeve back.

They are available in the pull sleeve to connect design also.

All air couplings wear out....I've get years of service from them, no complaints.

Ed

When one starts to leak, take coupler body apart, then turn rubber bushing over. Reassemble and enjoy. Remember that they were put together at the factory, using either an "O" ring, or short piece of hose to do the sealing.

I decided to order the Prevost high flow couplers. I hope they last more than a couple of years.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

You've already selected a coupler but these are first rate couplers but a lot higher priced them most. The nice thing is they connect and disconnect with pressure removed and they never uncouple accidentally.

hoseandfittingsetc.com/product/fittings/quick-couplings/pneumatic-qc/special-purpose-/parker-e-z-mate-couplings

I use milton v hi flow and buy multipacks on amazon.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I installed the Prevost high flow couplers last weekend. Yay, no leaks! The build quality looks very good. I like the simple “push in” to connect and the push button release.
    My only complaint is the inside diameter of the Prevost coupler is .010 larger than the standard borg type couplers that I’ve used for years, (.475 ID vs. .465 ID). That’s not a problem as long as you replace the connect nipples on all of your air guns, tire chucks, etc., with their connect nipples. Fortunately I also bought a 10 pack each of their male and female nipples.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I drug this hose out yesterday to run an impact wrench, and remembered this thread. This connector was bought new in 1974. It came with a bunch of stuff I bought from a Senco salesman. It's still on the original hose, on the only reel it's ever been on. It was drug in, and out from 1974 to 2007, almost every day, and has been used a bunch since then, but not every day. I can't even estimate how many thousands of uses this has put up with, but it has never leaked.

It's getting a bit hard to operate because the knurling has mostly worn off of it, but it hasn't gotten to the point that it bothers me enough to change it. It's a Milton H style, which is very similar to the smaller M style which is seen almost everywhere. I don't know if the greater amount of surface area over the smaller, more common ones makes the difference or not, but it probably makes some difference.

Since this is what I started with, and I had no reason to change, every air tool I have (too many to think about counting) has Milton H filttings.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dido what Chris listed below. I switched to these a couple of years ago and zero leaking.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Fairbanks View Post
    I switched over to the Prevost high flow fittings a few years ago. Only downside is they are not compatible with the normal generic fittings. Besides that they rock, no leaks, easy to connect and great flow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lemley View Post
    Dido what Chris listed below. I switched to these a couple of years ago and zero leaking.

Jack
    That's good to hear. I went with them - see post 20 & 23.

Andy Rooney