Thread: Looking for new Laser suggestions

Looking for new Laser suggestions

Im currently dealing with paypal about a refund for a 20watt laser i ordered from Ebay that crapped out on me rite away.

So I'm deffinitly going to stay away from Ebay for something so expensive. Looking for suggestions on a North American distributor with good customer support and resonable pricing.

I need a laser that has the ability to engrave at least a 6" x 4" stainless steel plate as well as hose bands that are quite long, An open work space would be great, The small engravers that have a lid seem like they wouldnt be long enough to insert the bands, The bands are about 3 feet long and 1/2" wide, I only ever need to engrave a small 2-3" length of the band on one end.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appricated!

I know you said you would not considered EBay but I have had a very good experience with this seller Goldraydigital
    Last edited by Mike Null; 10-02-2018 at 8:15 AM. Reason: eBay link

One of the engravers that they sell looks identicle to mine, 20watt Fiber laser. Im pretty sure my issue resides in the Board but hard to tell without a new board. Quailty is a huge factor aswell, I dont mind spending money on a good piece of quipment, Thanks for your suggestion!

They sell lasers, cnc routers, and kitchen scales. I would avoid them like the plaque. You may have had a good experience but they are not a laser company and likely have no expertise with laser and your "warranty" is likely history as soon as the PayPal dispute period ends.

[QUOTE=Jerome Stanek;2853646]I know you said you would not considered EBay but I have had a very good experience with this seller Goldraydigital
    Last edited by Mike Null; 10-02-2018 at 8:16 AM. Reason: eBay link in quote

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    They sell lasers, cnc routers, and kitchen scales. I would avoid them like the plaque. You may have had a good experience but they are not a laser company and likely have no expertise with laser and your "warranty" is likely history as soon as the PayPal dispute period ends.
    You are wrong about the after sale and warranty. I had a fan that wasn't working and they had me do a test and video it and within 4 days I had a new fan.. I also had the laser on the Tuesday after I ordered it on Friday 4 days and there was a weekend in there. I can't help it if you hate Chinese lasers.

Jerome, PS I have two Chinese machines, but do a Search on here for that eBay seller you will find some pretty poor reviews in the past. Its not the Chinese machines, its most generally the eBay experience. I am happy you did ok with yours.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    You are wrong about the after sale and warranty. I had a fan that wasn't working and they had me do a test and video it and within 4 days I had a new fan.. I also had the laser on the Tuesday after I ordered it on Friday 4 days and there was a weekend in there. I can't help it if you hate Chinese lasers.
    Look at my signature - I obviously don't hate Chinese lasers... What I do hate are the ebay sellers that sell everything under the sun, including lasers, and have no clue what they are selling or how to support it, nor do they intend to support it. In the 12 years I have been doing this the majority of orphaned laser owners have been via ebay and that doesn't seem to be changing. If you had good success with yours, congratulations, you are by far the exception.