Thread: Where to find very flexible dust collection hoses?

Where to find very flexible dust collection hoses?

Where can I find very flexible dust collections hoses. Flexible enough that you can basically turn it into a pretzel. I’m not going to do that of course most hoses can only flex so much before they will either resist bending or kink. I have a small section of hose and hood that ties up to a garbage can that came as an accessory for a dewalt planer. This hose is way more flexible that any other hose I own.

I've purchased flex from Penn State Industries and very happy with it.

The hoses I have bought via Amazon have proven to be very flexible and great for the money. They are POWERTEC branded.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I just got the 28' expandable hose from Rockler and it will twist into just about any position you need. Extremely flexible. However, it's not 28' unless you are really pulling on it and stretching it. It's also not as big as regular 4" hose. I had a bugger of a time getting it to fit on some attachments that my other 4" easily slid onto.

I agree with Jim, Power Tec from Amazon are a great hose and great price.

Just to let you know that a very flexible hose has more drag than a stiff smooth one so you should try and minimize the amount you use. This info is from testing done on the Aussie forum.

Hi, the polyurethane hoses are extremely flexible compared to the standard PVC hoses.

I don't buy PVC hoses now..............Regards, Rod.

You can purchase many different diameters by the foot from McMaster-Carr. I have a piece of 4" on my sander that is great.

Blog Entries
    Just a warning; very flexible hoses collapse lengthwise under pressure very easily.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler