Thread: Special Pen

Special Pen

Another pen casting with Liquid Diamonds resin and watch parts. This is a very special pen, as the parts came from the watch that belonged to my Father who passed away on Sept 10 1972 at 4:20 pm. I incorporated these details in laying out the parts for casting. The time on the watch is set to 4:20 and the date is set on the 10th. The watch had stopped working years ago and I think this a fitting way to make use of the watch and to have something that can be used and passed from generation to generation.

Bobby
    Louisiana
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks great and is a special pen that should last many generations. Well done!
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN

Very nice Bobby. A fine tribute to your Father!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

That's a real beauty Bobby and sure to be a cherished keepsake for many generations.

Excellent workmanship with a serious amount of thought and care in the design. Nicely done.

Thanks for all of the comments, they are appreciated. This is something I have been wanting to do for quite some time. I was only 17 when my Mother passed and 19 when my Father passed and as with most kids growing up, I did not take the time to "listen" to what our parents, grandparents, elders at that time were telling us, teaching us or showing us how to be better and responsible individuals. I would say to anyone whose parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles that are still living, take a moment to set down with them, talk to them, "listen" to them, learn from them before it is too late. You might be surprised at what you could learn from them. I would give anything to be able to do that now.

Bobby
    Louisiana

Great looking pen! That pen is a keepsake that will last for generations.
    Billy

Great ingenuity and work!!