Thread: Looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on an LS100IQ

Looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on an LS100IQ

"Don't it always seem to go, that you never know what you got 'til it's GONE!"

Been without my LS900 for 16 days now, and wow- The Triumph and GCC just can't keep up with the work coming in, and it's just getting worse by the day!

So I've come to the realization that I need another laser! Thought I had enough backup, but most of the work is stainless, and I can't- or won't- do stainless in the Triumph. I HAVE been keeping it busy with Rowmark work, but the SS work just keeps piling up...

My NH rep has a Gravograph 35w LS100IQ he can bring me today... not sure if it's new or a refurb but it's under 10 large with a year warranty-- and did I mention, I can get it TODAY?

Now, I found in the Creek classifieds, a mfg'd in April of this year Universal VLS 3.60 60 watter for 14 large plus shipping-- VERY tempting, it's almost new, lots of power-- but honestly, there's no room in the garage OR basement for that large a machine. And as much as I'd love a 60w machine, it's not necessary for my needs, which is keeping up with the stainless work! And the LS100 is perfect. And I can put this machine right where the old 25w ULS used to sit. It's almost noon now, I can probably have this machine up and running by 4pm

My LS900's CPU will be back next week. It was ready to ship last Monday, but I asked about another issue, which I should've asked about in the first place, so not Gravo's fault it's taking this long. I'll sure be glad to have it back!

--and then there were 16...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

It's 4:16, and all up and running

ls100a.jpgls100b.jpg

This is / was my rep's latest demo unit, roughly 3 years old, been used in about 6 demo's, and it was a loaner twice. I'm not the least bit worried about it, I've bought 3 of his demo's over the years, my V5000, the old ULS, and my IS400, never had an issue with any of them

FWIW on the table is a sheet of laser steel, so he could use magnets for hold-downs.

Had all the connections ready for it, the driver and printer installed without 2 hours of computer issues...! (that never happens)

Not a big machine, won't hold some of the bigger work I have, but I have plenty of smaller work to put in it right away, which frees up the GCC to do the big stuff!
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Good for you!

Congrats Kev! That is a tiny machine though. I love the Gravograph galvo fiber, and would love to have a need to buy one. They are awesome. What's the max engraving dimensions for that machine?
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 80 watt
    Synrad 30 Watt - CO2 Galvo
    LaserStar 3804 - 50 watt fiber - SPI Source
    Tykma Minilase - 20 watt fiber - SPI Source - (MOPA)
    CorelDraw X7

Tiny was necessary, I have room for it! --absolute max is 18.1102" x 12.0079" -- aka 18x12 --exactly the same size as the little ULS I started out with. Also has a 5-3/4" drop...

At least half if not more of any given jobs we get in here will fit in it, this weekend it's already ran some small anodized pieces, several 3x4" SS ID plates, a couple of small Rowmark jobs, and I put a signature on what will be a guitar headstock... I'm just now about to put in a couple of small SS operator panels, after that I have 20 SS discs I need to engrave numbered graduations on. This has left the GCC free to run a few larger SS operator panels and some stainless radiator covers I've been having trouble getting on a machine

It engraves wonderfully, runs 100" per second (when it can) and just based on some of the jobs so far, I'd wager the 35w Coherent tube is putting out 40+ watts. I have to run Cermark faster than my other machines or it cooks it to gray.

It's main drawback, same as with the ULS, is that 19x13 is about all that will physically fit in it. And because they've put the lens towards the top of the lens tube, factoring in the focus plunger there's less than 1/2" lens to work clearance. But these are minor issues for the most part. As with all my gravo stuff, I'm very happy with it
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter