Thread: Grizzly G0500 Jointer

Grizzly G0500 Jointer

Anyone have experience with a Grizzly G0500 8" Jointer? I am considering buying a used one and just wondering if anyone has any experience thay's like to share.

Mike

I've had one for quite a few years and really like it. The only negative is that there's a "clunk" somewhere in the drive train that occurs at power up most of the time. Apparently is pretty common. I've not spent much time or effort trying to eliminate it.

The one I'm looking at one in pretty good condition for $650. Sound reasonable?

That’s probably close to what it cost New in 2005, according to this FWW article.
    https://www.finewoodworking.com/2005...r-g0500-review

Search on here too. This will interest you:
    https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....-G0500-Jointer

I've had one for many years and it has performed flawlessly. 2hp. 4 knife cutter head. Very solid machine. Don't remember for sure but i agree with Matt that $650 is likely about what it cost new. With that being said it's probably still worth that if it's in good shape given the price of comparable jointers today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Near Sandusky,Ohio.....Cedar Point ....Roller Coster Capitol Of The World
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Krawford View Post
    I've had one for quite a few years and really like it. The only negative is that there's a "clunk" somewhere in the drive train that occurs at power up most of the time. Apparently is pretty common. I've not spent much time or effort trying to eliminate it.
    Check the set screws on the drive pulleys

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Miller View Post
    Check the set screws on the drive pulleys
    Thanks for the tip. I'll check that out.
    BTW, I paid $499 new for mine.