Thread: Squaring a Festool TS55REQ

Squaring a Festool TS55REQ

My TS55REQ bevel wasn't 90, so I set about adjusting it, but I'm a bit confused. I can adjust the setscrew, but of course the indicator was then not pointing right at 0. I loosened two screws I *thought* would enable to rotate the black plastic scale, but alas that was not the way it worked and only put the blade out of square with the base:

The only thing I could find on the net were for older models which apparently lacked the front setscrew and had some differences with the screws I adjusted. I can probably muddle through this, but I was hoping someone had knowledge of how to zero the bevel and square the blade to the base?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Thill View Post
    My TS55REQ bevel wasn't 90, so I set about adjusting it, but I'm a bit confused. I can adjust the setscrew, but of course the indicator was then not pointing right at 0. I loosened two screws I *thought* would enable to rotate the black plastic scale, but alas that was not the way it worked and only put the blade out of square with the base:

The only thing I could find on the net were for older models which apparently lacked the front setscrew and had some differences with the screws I adjusted. I can probably muddle through this, but I was hoping someone had knowledge of how to zero the bevel and square the blade to the base?
    The TS55REQ has a small Torx screw for adjusting the base to be 90 degrees to the blade. Note the small notch in the plate next to the screw, that is for a flat screwdiver blade as a lever to tune the angle. I used a tilt block on my blade and dialed it right in.

Bevel adjust.jpg IMG_3119.jpg

EDIT: There is a second screw here that needs to be loosened also for adjustment
    IMAG0731.jpg
    Last edited by Dick Mahany; 09-29-2018 at 9:03 AM.
    Dick Mahany.

Dick> So what is this screw for?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Thill View Post
    Dick> So what is this screw for?
    It does provide front support since the 0 degree stop can be over ridden for minus one degree back bevels however the main support for saw alignment is provided by the stamped steel plate at the rear that is secured with the two Torx screws.
    Dick Mahany.

So there is no way to zero the scale? And how would you align the blade with the cutline?

You could always go on FOG, Festool Owners Group, and ask questions. You'll get all the answers you need from some very knowledgeable folks.