Thread: RDWORKS Engrave multiple parts

RDWORKS Engrave multiple parts

I engraved 72 name tags. Each sheet had 7 columns and 2 rows. Typical engraving starts at the first column and goes all the way to the end of column 7.
    Is there a way if I wanted to engrave one at a time? Still, 7 columns and 2 rows but the laser will complete the first name tag in column 1, row 1 before moving to the next tag in column 2, row 1 and so on?
    I had someone to tell me this is faster to do one at a time since the laser travel does not have to go left to right on all the columns at one time.

Make all of column one black, column two blue, column three yellow, column four green, column five cyan, column six magenta, column 7 orange-

or pick your own colors -and you can change the order in which each color engraves in the 'color stack' on the screen.

The machine will run one color at a time, so it'll run the black column before moving to the blue column, etc.

colors.jpg

--btw, run a time test of each way to make sure it DOES save time, could go either way depending...

Last edited by Kev Williams; 09-28-2018 at 12:03 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Make all of column one black, column two blue, column three yellow, column four green, column five cyan, column six magenta, column 7 orange-

or pick your own colors -and you can change the order in which each color engraves in the 'color stack' on the screen.

The machine will run one color at a time, so it'll run the black column before moving to the blue column, etc.

colors.jpg

--btw, run a time test of each way to make sure it DOES save time, could go either way depending...

Thanks, will give it a try