Thread: Importing lasers

Importing lasers

I see a number of folks getting imported Chinese laser via ebay or direct imported from China or from Boss/Rabbitlaser/etc.

Does anybody have any experience with the Sellers of the Chinese machines that are from Canada, Germany or Poland that are listed on ebay?

They appear to be the same machines and same price.

Thanks.Rob

Do a Search for eBay lasers, or Importing lasers.
    Last edited by Bill George; 09-27-2018 at 7:48 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Bill I have done my research on Chinese lasers. (Buy one US $22K laser or four Chinese lasers of different wattages (65w, 130w, 180w, 200w) with spare parts for the same amount of money.)

I have seen a small 40w epilog, a 150w ULS, a BoSS 150w, Keith's speedy 300 and the neighbors direct Chinese 80w import lasers in action.

This is for fun use. If it doesn't get up in running for a month or is down for a month, no big deal for me. I won't depend on it for anything other than playing.

My question was specifically "does anybody have any experience with ordering the chinese lasers shipped from Germany, Poland or Canada?" Most of the ebay ones are listed as imported direct from China and I have a understanding of the "import process" and the quality and support and the taboo subject of Tari$$.

I was wonder about importing process from countries from Europe and import duties and shipping processes.

Are they the same process/challenge that you go through to import direct from China?

Clearly all of the laser advertised from the European countries came from China and are just being passed through Europe.

Blog Entries
    Are you trying to bypass the tariff? Sounds like it. And I expect it won't work. Import Direct or buy from ebay. Buy from an eBay source in canada. Might save you, might not.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

If you are buying a Chinese laser, the country of origin will be listed on the importing documents, so I doubt that you will avoid tariffs.

Going through multiple layers of vendors is not a good idea with Chinese lasers. Chances are that you will need support from the seller for one thing or another. You don't want to be going to the seller who has to then go another seller who then has to convince the Chinese wholesaler there is a problem. It can be frustrating enough just dealing direct with the original exporting company!
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

I am with John on this one, My guess and you will need to ask those Ebay venders directly are they just going to have one shipped direct to you from China or will you need to pay their countries import tax in the mark up and then the Made in China tariff when it get here. I read your question as, are those Ebay venders in Europe selling the same machines as US venders.

I just bought a laser off Ebay from Goldraydigital and the experience was very good they stock them in the USA so I don't know what it would be to get it to Canada They may even stock some there.

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

This thread is NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT about Tariffs or avoiding them..................................

It is a simple question:

Has anyone bought from ebay vendors that sale from Germany or Poland???????????? and the process. Is it easier, harder or the same as import direct from China?

Jerome, I have seen GRD ads but they don't have in-stock what I was looking for (55-65 days), but the ones in Europe do.
    PS. thanks for the other replies.
    Just curious. Thanks.

I guess the Simple answer, is, it looks like no one here has done so. Once again I suggest contacting those venders.
    Last edited by Bill George; 09-28-2018 at 11:06 AM.

My Aussie experiences are not going to be relevant in the northern hemisphere, or in any different country actually...

1. but I did import a CW5200 chiller via Ebay, ex Germany ex China - it was $16 freight ex Germany to Australia, as opposed to $350 freight ex China. Same purchase price. But it came ex China anyway - in 12 or 14 days. I chose the German location option to save the freight amount. It was a knock-off chiller -but so I expect was the other. However, 2 years service wityhout missing a beat is ok so far.

2. we ordered a custom-built flat bed laser in China, and imported it from Threecnc. I'm happy with the unit. There was a lot of tweeaking to get precision I wanted that others said was not feasible, but I achieved it, though 2 months of brain-wracking for alternative answers to get there was not expected- in hindsight it was understandable. The machine is a quality unit- with quality components.
    Importing was a learning curve.

3. Don't try & dodge paperwork or $ obligations!
    Last edited by Ian Stewart-Koster; 10-03-2018 at 4:01 AM. Reason: typo
    Best wishes,
    Ian

ULS M-300, 55w made 2002 with rotary. Goldenlaser 130 watt, 1300x700 made 2011.
    Flat bed 2500x1300 150/90watt 2 tube laser, 2018 model.
    Esab router, 1989, 4.5 x 2.0 m, conv. to Tekcel, and modded a 2nd time.
    HP L260-60". Roland PNC-1410. Mimaki GC-130 SU.
    Screenprinting carousel 6x4 and 7x4 ft 1-arm bandit vac table.
    Corel Draw X3, Illy, Indesign & Photoshop CS2 & CS5, Enroute 4
    Pencil, paper, paintbrush, airbrush & dagger-liners & assorted other stuff.