Thread: Laser Dark Equivalent Product?

Laser Dark Equivalent Product?

As silly a product as it is, I'd gotten rather attached to Laser Dark (to darken wood engraving) but it seems kinda expensive for a can of spray paint and I'm interested in using colors as well. I've never had luck getting quality results using hardware store rattle cans, it's either too runny or drys with a skin that complicates mask removal.

I'm down to invest in an air brush if needed but I'm looking for a spray product with similar consistency.

I use Krylon rattle-can products all the time. They're fairly fast drying (gold & silver about 10 minutes) and don't muck up the mask/transfer tape unless you let it set for longer than 18 hours.
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

I don't recall how much a can costs, but it probably is sort of like Cermark in that you use so little that the actual cost per application is pretty low. JDS has LazerDark in black, brown, yellow, green, red, blue, white, gold, silver, and clear top coat:
    http://php.jdsindustries.com/JDS_SIT...als&SITE=SITE3

I've heard folks using shoe polish, paste type...
    Darren Wilson

Tool Control Solutions

Gerber Syst. 48 CNC Router
    Epilog 36EXT
    MAX MPS-20 Galvo 20w MOPA Fiber
    Roland LEF-200 UV Printer
    Wisely/JPT 60W MOPA