Thread: Was the thread deleted ?

Was the thread deleted ?

Yesterday a post was placed in Neanderthal forum about a Makita angle grinder, clearly it was placed in the wrong forum, I responded to the post and also made a comment that it was in the wrong forum. Normally I see these type of posts being moved and would have thought it would have been moved to " General Woodworking and Power Tools" or "Metalworking" although these grinders are useful for seat carving. I have searched for the thread but it seems to be deleted, if it was I would like to know the rationale behind this.

John, the thread you responded to was reported and determined to be spam. It was deleted and the spammer has been banned.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

In general, moderator actions are not up for discussion as there are many reasons that things get done in the way they are.

I will state that the forum almost daily gets hit with a variety of creative (or not so creative) postings that embed afilliate links to collect clicks and earn money, exhibit other forms of push marketing, etc. While occasionally there is "innocent" activity that is misjudged, there is a lot of information about a post that is not visible to a normal forum viewer that helps staff make decisions.

Jim
    Forum Moderator