Thread: Candle holders

Candle holders

I work in a store that sells these candle holders and I'd like to make some, but out of nicer wood. I'm trying to find the stems that hold the votive glass holders but can't come up with them yet. Any ideas?firenza.jpg

Blog Entries
    Wooden dowels?

That photo is so small, I can't really make out what the parts that are involved are...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Looks like wood dowels with wooden "coins" glued to the ends to me. Could maybe drill those "coins" out with a hole saw and have the hole already there for the dowel.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

How much are they selling for? Sometimes it is cheaper to buy something for the hardware and then remake it how you want then just buying the hardware. Just a thought

Thanks for the replies folks. The parts I want are small mett stand, the rods about 1/4" diameter, maybe 4" tall with a thin metal round plate on top. I don't like the idea of wood 'cause I like how the metal looks and don't want to use all wood in the piece. The piece costs $60 and even with my discount I'd rather find a source for them as I'd like to make multiples. They will make good presents. https://www.raymourflanigan.com/fire...175141286.aspx

You might buy foreign coins of the correct diameter and solder them on top of steel rods. may be cheaper to buy coins then metal punch outs. And coins will add interest.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    How much are they selling for? Sometimes it is cheaper to buy something for the hardware and then remake it how you want then just buying the hardware. Just a thought
    This is true. I did this for the metal pegs on a tie rack once. The whole cheap-o tie rack was less than the hardware source I found. Used the pegs, tossed the rack.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    You might buy foreign coins of the correct diameter and solder them on top of steel rods. may be cheaper to buy coins then metal punch outs. And coins will add interest.
    About 2-3/4" or more in diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    At first I didn't think this was a good idea but have since gone to ebay and found something that would work for $9.99 if I cut it up.

metalremnantsinc on eBay often has good deals on metal discs and rods in lots of sizes, if you use brass it would be easy to solder them together, probably steel too but I don't have experience with that.

Quote Originally Posted by John T Barker View Post
    About 2-3/4" or more in diameter.
    This one is about 3 feet in diameter. of course it weighs a ton, literally.

http://www.perthmintbullion.com/us/O...gold-coin.aspx

Bil lD.

Maybe it's too late but you could change the design for the holders to something you could easily make. Maybe using brass rod. something like this perhaps.
    Last edited by Dave Richards; 10-01-2018 at 2:28 PM.