Thread: Question about Sanders: Performax Supermax 25 and Powermatic 013

Blog Entries

Question about Sanders: Performax Supermax 25 and Powermatic 013

I'm in the market for an edge sander and, possibly, a drum sander and these two have come up on Craigslist. Any issues with them that you know of? How easy is it to change the paper on the Performax? It must be an older model as I can find virtually nothing on the web about it.

Mike

You will wonder how you ever did without the edge sander.

I have a preformax 25 X 2 (25 in wide and 2 drums) its an older model the paper is fairly easy to put on though i wear gloves when i do it.

MAKE SURE YOU RUN THE MACHINE AND WATCH THE TRACKING some of these machines have a very hard time tracking proper including mine. Before you buy this make sure it tracks with nothing running through it and with a load on it. run the track full speed with no load and watch it close to see if its moving one side or the other.

I've had the Supermax 25 single drum sander for 8+ yrs. and it has worked well for my hobby needs. Lots of wide panels to 1/8" x 3'4" strips for laminating fly fishing nets. Paper is easy to change. More power would be nice but fits my needs. Patience is a virtue. No issues with tracking and still using original belt. Good luck.

I use a Performax 22-44 for several years and it has worked flawlessly. No tracking issues. I think it has plenty of power but I make light passes. Dust collection is good.