Thread: shelf life of Target Coatings EM6500

shelf life of Target Coatings EM6500

We started remodeling our kitchen two years ago. We purchased some tinted EM6500. Health issues including back surgery delayed the completion. Well time to get back in the saddle. What happens to the EM6500 after two years? We have a 5 gallon can that has never been opened. What risks am I taking if I use it? I still have drawer fronts, cabinet doors and trim to paint. I have emailed Jeff at Target Coatings but I have not heard back.

Any advice?

Thanks
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

24+ months. This will be for good storage conditions and unopened container. Provided it has not cooked or frozen too often, you will be good to go. Check the tech data sheet for the product for confirmation. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

Wayne is pretty spot on...how you store it matters, but it's pretty durable stuff when stored correctly.

I will, um...quietly disclose...that I still have some of the EM6000's predecessor in my inventory and it still sprays and cures beautifully. I'm not about to use it on a customer's project, but I do use it for general utility rather than going out and buying something. I've been pleasantly surprised at how long it's remained viable! We are talking quite a few years here!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks guys, it has been stored in an climate control area, with both heating and cooling. Really part of our living area.

Ah...the five gallon end table.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jeff responded to my email. He said the same thing you guys did.