Thread: SuperNova2 adapter to M33?

SuperNova2 adapter to M33?

I purchased a lightly used SuperNova2 chuck thinking it would fit my Oneway M33 spindle. Turns out the body is 1 1/2" with a "D" type adapter for 1" 8 TPI. Is there an adapter to M33. The manual states that inserts are only available up 1 1/8", which if true answers my question.

Oneway makes spindle adapters that have a m33 female thread and what ever male thread you need on the other end.
    https://oneway.ca/products-category/...indle-Adapters

Quote Originally Posted by Chris A Lawrence View Post
    Oneway makes spindle adapters that have a m33 female thread and what ever male thread you need on the other end.
    https://oneway.ca/products-category/...indle-Adapters
    Thanks! I never thought of looking for a Oneway adapter. But at almost $80 not including shipping it may be less expensive to sell the one I have and purchase another one that allows me to directly attach it to the lathe.

Have you checked the thread on your chuck body? (Not the insert, but the body without the insert.)

Info on TeknaTool's website is confusing (to me at least) at a quick glance. (They emphasize they'll fit anything with the right adapter and provide too many combos.) But some of their chuck bodies are M33x3.5 RH (and the largest SuperNova insert is M30, just smaller than M33....)

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by David Bassett View Post
    Have you checked the thread on your chuck body? (Not the insert, but the body without the insert.)

Info on TeknaTool's website is confusing (to me at least) at a quick glance. (They emphasize they'll fit anything with the right adapter and provide too many combos.) But some of their chuck bodies are M33x3.5 RH (and the largest SuperNova insert is M30, just smaller than M33....)

Good luck.
    I already checked the size on the body and it's definitely not M33.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris A Lawrence View Post
    Back to back adapters is not exactly ideal. Placed it on eBay to recover some of my money spent.