Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's with this weather change?

What's with this weather change?

Yesterday, last day of summer, 92 degrees, clear and daylight until 7:40 pm. Today, first day of fall, 61 degrees, raining and almost dark at 5:20pm.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 09-22-2018 at 8:03 PM. Reason: Removed political comment

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Tabor View Post
    Yesterday, last day of summer, 92 degrees, clear and daylight until 7:40 pm. Today, first day of fall, 61 degrees, raining and almost dark at 5:20pm.
    It's called a frontal system, which we could have used two weeks ago to steer Florence out to sea. Early darkness was due to heavy thick cloud cover, though days are getting shorter in a hurry. Here, first week in December, it will be dark at 5:00 PM EST. By Christmas it will be around 5:30 before it's dark.

We have been having typical fall weather for about a week here. Our tomatoes went from having to pick 2-3 times a week to maybe next week provided it doesn't frost by then.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I think it’s called Fall.

Blog Entries
    It was 44 degrees here this morning, it was in the mid eighties on Friday.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    It seems to happen every year at about the same time.

Wonderfully pleasant weather and then the wind blows, the thermometer falls, in come a few clouds that seem to stay forever.

Then a little ground hog crawls out of its hole and things start to get warm again.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

It is all due to global wettening. The change in the atmosphere provides less protection from the sun's rays, which in turns creates more evaporation from the seas, increased clouds and increased rain. We beat the rainiest summer ever by several inches without a hurricane

We have had snow every day since the 21st. Not accumulating more than 1/2" before melting and then reappearing, but it has me thinking of putting the studded tires on a month early. Nature's way of telling me to cool my jets.

I wish. Still 94 and oppressive heat here in north Florida.

im ready for some fall temps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post

Maybe you should time share home exchange with some snow birds from the north.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post

I know the feeling!!! Heat index here just last week was 104 degrees F. I'm very thankful for cooler temps today. It may be wet outside....but....it's much cooler and I really like "cooler" weather.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Here, weatherman missed it completely today. It was supposed to be in mid to upper seventies , with drizzle. Absolute sunshine and in the mid eighties instead. Front only came thru in the last hour, dropping temps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock View Post
    I know the feeling!!! Heat index here just last week was 104 degrees F. I'm very thankful for cooler temps today. It may be wet outside....but....it's much cooler and I really like "cooler" weather.
    Please send me some “fall”. It was 97 today and the first time I jumped in the pool to cool off was about 8:30am

Fall ?? Where??Phoenix, AZ
    Sunday 6:00 PM
    Partly Cloudy
    °F | °
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Looks like we might get a quick return to summer:

Faux Summer.png

jtk