Thread: Dust collection and stickies

Blog Entries

Dust collection and stickies

Today I was noticing that of the first page of posts in the workshop sub-forum, 11 were related to dust collection or shop vacs. I suggest that when you flip over to the new format, a separate forum be set up to address dust collection. Also seriously consider eliminating or combining those forums that see little activity. Also have some consistency between forums with regard to whether or not to pin or sticky topics at the top. The most popular forum, General Woodworking and Power tools, does not allow something ongoing and useful like Tips and Tricks to be a direct sticky (it being the only sticky under the Sticky threads thread) citing not wanting a ton of stickys, while the Workshop thread has 5 stickies.
    NOW you tell me...

I/We just have not had the opportunity to consolidate them into a single "sticky links" thread, Ole. It's on my list...but I've been busy. I did a couple other areas already to clean things up. The intent is a single "sticky links" thread in each forum area as the "ideal" although there obviously could be a good reason for a sticky thread to remain unique.

Jim
    Forum Moderator