Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prescription Safety Glasses

I bought my safety glasses (polycarb with integral side shields) from the base exchange optical shop. I am both astigmatic and farsighted. My regular specs have progressive lenses but I opted for single vision lenses in the safeties, with focus set at arm's length. When I'm actively working in the shop, I don't often need to see so clearly at distance and progressives can be a real pain when you're working overhead and at other odd angles. The single vision lenses keep me in or close to the work zone for most tasks.
    Brett
    Peters Creek, Alaska

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

I got my most recent pair from rx-safety.com, and I'm quite happy with them. The price difference between them and local optometrists was huge. For single vision they're under a hundred bucks. For progressives, I paid less than $200. For comparison, my last pair of street glasses with progressive lenses from a local optometrist was over $600.