Thread: Labeling Inventory System

Labeling Inventory System

Hi everyone,

I need some help with trying to label my inventory. I'm opening a personalized gift shop with items like keychains, zippos, frames, wedding glasses, jewelry boxes, etc. and I don't have a clue of how to label everything. Since i'm starting out my budget is tight, so a POS is out of the question right now because everyone I speak with is so high for the system, cash drawer, cloud storage, etc. So I was wondering if there is a program out there I can purchase to help me with labeling and keeping track of my inventory. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regular old Quickbooks can do the job + accounting + Payroll. It's not the best option in the world, but it will get the job done and keep the entire process in one program.

Otherwise, I'd look into doing something with Shopify (or someone like that). That way you can basically your B&M store off the same platform as the eCommerce site. Again, one platform will make things a bit more streamlined.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

How about squareup? I use their card reader but they also have complete pos and inventory systems. No idea about the cost but I think you can start with the basics and add on as you grow.

I used QuickBooks POS for 12 years and it worked well for me. I believe you can even generate your own barcodes if needed but you'd want to verify that. It will also interface with QB accounting software but I didn't use it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Moshinsky View Post
    Regular old Quickbooks can do the job + accounting + Payroll. It's not the best option in the world, but it will get the job done and keep the entire process in one program.

Otherwise, I'd look into doing something with Shopify (or someone like that). That way you can basically your B&M store off the same platform as the eCommerce site. Again, one platform will make things a bit more streamlined.
    Thanks Ross, I do have Quickbooks and will use that for the time being. Just trying to everything organized and streamlined.

Thanks so much Gary. I will look into Squareup and see what they offer.

Thanks Steve, I have QB already and for now this is what I will use.