Thread: Rabbit Laser Bed Won't Raise back up

Rabbit Laser Bed Won't Raise back up

I just turned my laser on to work on a job and I can lower the bed but it won't raise back up. I try to do the auto focus and it lowers just a little bit instead of coming up and doing the auto focus. It's just very strange that it goes down but does nothing when I try to raise it back up. Any suggestions? Of course, I have orders that need to get finished!! Thanks in advance!
    Rabbit Laser 36 x 48, 80 watt laser
    Full wood shop
    Plasma cutting machine, 4' x 4'
    Vinyl Cutter

can you reload your parameters from a good one. I have mine saved on my desktop and also on a USB drive

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're referring to. Left, right and down all work to move the bed, but it won't come up. Is that in the parameters?

Is it belt or chain drive, look and see if it came off or is jammed. If Ray can’t help you can maybe unplug the motor and turn the shaft by hand.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

If worse comes to worse, with the machine off you can raise the table manually-- either by hand-rotating one of the table screws (hard way) or locating the long chain or belt below the cabinet that moves all the screws, and yank on it to raise the table (from the front of the machine, yanking from right to left should RAISE the table)

as for why it won't go up, my guess is the up-limit switch -OR- the auto-focus switch is stuck-- the machine won't raise the table if it thinks it's already all the way up...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    If worse comes to worse, with the machine off you can raise the table manually-- either by hand-rotating one of the table screws (hard way) or locating the long chain or belt below the cabinet that moves all the screws, and yank on it to raise the table (from the front of the machine, yanking from right to left should RAISE the table)

as for why it won't go up, my guess is the up-limit switch -OR- the auto-focus switch is stuck-- the machine won't raise the table if it thinks it's already all the way up...
    I've seen too many people post this problem. 99% find out their auto-focus plunger is stuck.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Body View Post
    I've seen too many people post this problem. 99% find out their auto-focus plunger is stuck.
    I was thinking that or the upper limit switch is engaged.
    Scott
    Rabbit Laser RL-60-1290, Rotary attachment, Corel Draw x6, Bobcad Ver 27
    Juki-LU 2810-7, Juki 1900 AHS, Juki LU-1508, Juki LH-3188-7, Juki LH 1182
    Sheffield 530 HC webbing cutter

on my old laser the parameters got messed up and the table only would go down that is why I had to reload my saved parameters.

Jeff has the answer — autofocus plunger is stuck.

Blog Entries
    Ok, the auto focus pen is not stuck it most probably has a loose magnet. There is a tiny magnet in the top that is epoxied onto the rod that moves.
    Mine came loose and after playing with it and the new one, i decided to to the proper thing. REMOVE AND Put in the toolbox. It isn't worth the risk of using this POS.
    I crashed my head into my bed twice when it failed. Do the proper thing......

20180920_093832.jpg20180920_093838.jpg
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Well, auto focus it was! And it was my stupid mistake because I had just cleaned it when I turned the machine on and didn't realize it had stuck. Thanks y'all! I always know where to come to get great answer to my stupid blonde mistakes!!!