Thread: Recommendation for Florida folks- Woodchip Lumber in FLL

Blog Entries

Recommendation for Florida folks- Woodchip Lumber in FLL

I bought the ash for my workbench from www.woodchiplumber.com in Fort Lauderdale. I was very pleased with the service I got and with the quality of the lumber. They stayed in communication with me until the lumber arrived (I shipped it by boat offshore). My experience was so good that I called them up for some teak. Not only were they very helpful, but I told him this had to be a perfect piece of teak because it's for a bright-finished rudder stock for a boat, and so he offered to run it through the planer and send me a picture. Just minutes later, I got a text with multiple photos of the piece of wood, which, by the way, was gorgeous!!! It was also priced very low for a 12" wide 4/4 piece of teak. (the stuff ain't cheap these days if you haven't heard.) They priced it at what most folks price the smaller pieces. I was very pleased and I'm just passing this on to anyone in Florida or near Florida (they ship) looking for quality lumber. They specialize in marine lumber, but have many species available, including "exotic" woods. They also have marine grade plywood.

No affiliation- just passing it on because they did me right and they are good folks.

I think that Julie needs to take a field trip...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...