Thread: Threads that get moved by moderators

Threads that get moved by moderators

One of my treads got moved , there was no “notice” of it being moved, which I have seen before.

Now that its been moved I can only find it by clicking on my profile.

I’ve added to the thread but it never comes back to the top , nor can I find it right after I add a post.

So what gives? What I’m I doing wrong?

Are you taking about your Madrone table project in the woodworking projects forum?
    Seems ok to me
    Aj

It is in the Woodworking Projects sub-forum and your posts are showing fine.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Girouard View Post
    I’ve added to the thread but it never comes back to the top , nor can I find it right after I add a post.
    After adding a message, are you looking for it in "New Posts"? That doesn't work any more.

I use Forum/Quicklinks/Subscribed Threads to monitor threads I've posted to. Or quicker, click Settings (for some reason) to see just unread posts and click "View all subscribed" to see them all.

JKJ
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 09-19-2018 at 7:38 AM.

We generally set a temporary redirect when posts are occasionally moved to another, more appropriate forum area. Once the redirect expires, it disappears so the forum isn't cluttered with them. Sometimes a moderator may forget to set the redirect...stuff happens.

Jim
    Forum Moderator