Thread: Cool Find

Cool Find

A friend of mine does recycling and gave me this reciprocating saw that was tossed out. It had a saw blade broken off and stuck in the end of it, and the lock switch that holds the trigger locked in the on position is broken. I plugged it in to find that the motor and head still work fine, so I took the end apart and managed to get the broken saw blade out of it, cleaned everything up and put it back together. I put a blade in it to check it out and it works great! I do have to do something about that lock switch but as long as I'm careful with it I can turn it on and off just fine. Not bad for free from the trash!

RepairedSawzall091818.jpg

Laurie,
    Don't be afraid to take it apart! It could be something real simple, could have dropped and discombobulated something in the switch.
    Dissect it and learn--the price was right!

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Wow Laurie,
    Good show!! We have a daughter named Laurie also and she it the "If it doesn't work, Tear it apart and find out why." gal as it sounds like you are! Something about the name??
    Fun when you can get something that someone has given up on and make it work!
    Keep it up!
    Dick Brown

You can see it in the picture, the little lock button to the right of the trigger is actually gone. I can probably get a new button and replace it, or just remove it altogether if I don't want to use it. I was happy to get the stuck blade out and at least get it working again.

I also got an oscillating tool by Worx. I just got to look at that, and it looks like other than the key missing, it works. I need to get a blade for it and a new key and check it out!