Thread: Repair for bullseye damage to window pane?

Repair for bullseye damage to window pane?

What;s a good way to somewhat repair window glass that has "bullseye damage" - a crater about 1 inch in diamter with a small hole in the center that goes all the way through the glass. The glass is not laminated. The windows is an inexpensive aluminum model from the 1960's. The pane is about 3 ft x 4 ft, so I don't want to replace it.

I don't expect the repair to be invisible, I just want an improvement over the current situation.

The auto windshield repair kits, I've seen are only for smaller areas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Damage like that is usually caused by a BB gun. If you have the piece you can probably super glue or epoxy it back in place. Clear silicone sealant will seal the hole but will be noticeable.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Try calling one of the auto window repair services and see if they'll come out to fix it.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I knew at some point in life, my past experience as a juvenile delinquent would come in handy

This'll fix it right up.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=TESR1601&P=FR&gclid=CjwKCAjwxILdBRBqEi wAHL2R891jyC8ogVo2t1ffHJ1ulYShpXo8BO6lJGZGcrdhea4R 3DAZ_RNK9hoCBm0QAvD_BwE

Lay the glass down with the crater side up - after sticking a piece of Scotch tape over the little hole - then fill it up and let it dry.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon