Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

17 Sep 2018

Greetings Everyone,
    Wow! This past week was way past a FULL week of work and many other things that life brings. I took 2 days off work to get things done around the house that I've not been able to get to due to work requirements. I spent Thursday, Friday, and Saturday getting yard work, general cleanup, and more stuff done that I simply had to get done. Saturday afternoon was cook out and having the final class of the Financial Peace University course that The LOML and I have been teaching and taking. What a difference it has made in our lives to put us on track to get out of debt! My hope is that work this week will be much slower and that life in general slows its pace a bit so that I can recover from last week.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

It was an interesting week. Got in a commission for some equestrian jump standards/stands and did all the machining...on to finishing now...and also did some work on a collaborative project in preparation for some test runs. Normal lawn care happened, too. Saturday, we traveled for my nephew's wedding out in the countryside (literally...) and that was somewhat tiring and a long, but nice day. This week is more of similar...like every week it seems. Marketing. Making things. Cooking food. Reading. Sleeping. And navigating being a parent of young adults who live at home in 2018 where "things are a little different than when Professor Dr. SWMBO and I were growing up"...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I spent the week at work still catching up from my vacation of a couple of weeks ago...

But I took Friday off to help a friend put up a garage at his cottage. 36'X28' to store a couple of boats and a jet ski. Got the walls all up and sheeted. All set for trusses for a second crew this Friday. Unbelievable weather, Saturday it hit 90* in northern Wisconsin. And even more amazing is the fact that there were no bugs at all. We went for a pontoon boat ride Friday night around Big Portage Lake, saw an eagle flying overhead. Very quiet and peaceful.

Got home Sunday, watched the Packers kiss the Vikings... And then went to mow the lawn after it had cooled to 80*. I think all the mosquitoes that were supposed to be north had flown south, I was swatting them going full speed on the mower.

Then I spent a couple hours doing a bit of research for one of my next projects.

Aside from using a hole saw to cut a hole in the shed for conduit entry, I didn't do any wood working.

I did a lot of PVC conduit installation outside for the shed, the fountain pump and the lighting transformer.

Boy I hate drilling all those holes for conduit hangers in brick and concrete

Oh, I guess there were a couple of woodworking items, a pair of knives for the shaper arrived along with a couple of bearings for my Powermatic 81..........Rod.