Thread: 100w Chinese Laser HELP! Control Panel Wont Come on (Not the Fuses)

100w Chinese Laser HELP! Control Panel Wont Come on (Not the Fuses)

I was in the middle of a job when the laser stopped, the control panel went off. When turned on, the red and yellow light come on the Laser Power supply, the lights still works and the fan still runs. I tested the fuses and they are not blown. Checked the Emergency stop button and its fine. Looking for advice on the next step and the seller is of no use. Thanks for any info.

Blog Entries
    My control panel occasionally loosed contact with the controller. And has blackened a couple of times. So far, powering down and back up has brought it back to life. Have you tried firing the laser through the computer directly? (and moving head that way?) This would eliminate problem with controller itself and maybe you can still use. I'd bet it is panel itself, but it might be controller as it powers the panel.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Which fuses did you check? There may be a couple of fuses where the plugs are located...very well hidden.
    Hobby Laser - 1800 X 1300 dual tube Shenhui (100 and 80W)

I checked the fuses inside the power supply plug, are there other fuses to check?

Ok, so I tested the laser, it still fires. Can not bypass the panel it says communication error, all lights and fans work too. Seems to be just the LCD Panel. Any thoughts, probably just have to replace it? I wonder how hard that will be. Should be under warranty. Fingers crossed. Was hoping for a simple fix.

OK! NEW ISSUE. Just by chance fooling around I plugged the USB cord into the UDisk Port, guess what, the panel came on, I can not send anything over, it says communication error, I can not run anything from the panel it says Machine Protected Work Paused
    So, that is where I am at. The Main Board in the cabinet has the following numbers lit up and 14 blinking, 9, 12, 15.
    If I unplug the USB from the UDISK port it goes off again. ???

Try plugging in a usb drive with a file on it to see if it will cut that

Kate is this a eBay purchase or do you have a vender to contact about the warranty? I would check all the plugs on the controller, unplug and replug and then check wires for loose wire connections. Looking does not count. Power off and check each with a screw driver. I had several loose on mine.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Kate is this a eBay purchase or do you have a vender to contact about the warranty? I would check all the plugs on the controller, unplug and replug and then check wires for loose wire connections. Looking does not count. Power off and check each with a screw driver. I had several loose on mine.
    What difference is it if it is an Ebay purchase. I bought one off Ebay and had a problem with the chiller and they walked me through the testing and supplied a new fan that was not working. It seems like you always bash Ebay sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    What difference is it if it is an Ebay purchase. I bought one off Ebay and had a problem with the chiller and they walked me through the testing and supplied a new fan that was not working. It seems like you always bash Ebay sale.
    Everyone here that "bashes" ebay lasers is doing so from experience. 99% of the ebay sellers that sell lasers, fiber or co2, have no clue about anything to do with the laser and have no means to provide any support. That's why they are so cheap, they are just buying them in bulk and selling for a profit. For the 1% of sellers that are not like that, you are pretty safe buying from them, but good luck trying to find them.

Blog Entries
    UDisk port won't support cable. One thing you might do is try ethernet cable into controller if you can go thru ethernet.
    You won't be able to run file from udisk port unless your display is working.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    The question was it a eBay seller or does she have a vender to contact? Ebay sellers tend Not to support the sale, as has been proven on here time after time. A vender even a direct import like I did for my Ray Fine, responded before and after the sale.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I'm trying to figure out why plugging into the U-disk port would supply power to the display? Is the display getting power from the USB? Just checked my Triumph, unplugged all USB's and display is still on... but FWIW, my outside USB plug broke awhile back, and the plug was connected to the controller's USB input via a short USB cable. With the outside plug busted, my computer's USB cable is now plugged directly into the controller's port.

THAT said, then IF this particular display on Katie's machine DOES get its power from the USB cable, then maybe her machine's external USB plug is bad too--

so then the test would be to find the USB input on the controller, unplug the cable that's plugged in (which should go to the external plug) and replace with the computer's USB cable...

If the U-disk input brought the display to life, then hopefully plugging directly into the controller should too. And if it does, the laser should work...

fingers xx'd

-just added this pic, shows my Udisk and main USB inputs on the controller(or whatever it is)-
    udsk.jpg
    --this is an old photo, both cables shown plugged in are connected to the external USB input connectors-'
    my main cable is now plugged into the USB port on the bottom...
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 09-18-2018 at 3:17 PM. Reason: added pic
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle