Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Source for narrow pallet jack

Source for narrow pallet jack

If anyone owns a narrrow(21”) pallet jack, where did you purchase it? After renting one twice, I feel it’s just time to pony up and buy one. The immediate need is to move my felder as I’m rearranging a few things. Future needs will be to move everything out of the basement and into the new house/shop when we move. It has to be narrow, because 27” won’t fit in the recess of the machine. Already checked Craigslist and they are all 27”. Prefer not to spend $500-700 on this if I can help it. Appreciate any pointers.

I found mine off a craigs list add, it was a place that bought shelving, racking, pallet jacks, and just about anything a business would have. You are right the narrow ones are harder to come by.

Bob

Zoro carries the narrow ones (most every industrial supply will) but they start about $500. However, just signing up for Zoro email you can get a 15% off coupon and if you can wait they send me 20-25% off coupons fairly regularly. They also have category sales (there is a 20% off for multiple categories now but pallet jacks don't fit). So if you can wait you could get one for under $400 shipped.

There may be other cheaper options but I have never bought a narrow one, I just bought the 27" Harbor Freight for about $225 with the coupon.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Uline, Grainger, McMaster Carr, Fastenal.
    There's lots of options.

Crown pallet jacks are the best according to my warehouse manager brother.

Just google 21" pallet jack and you will get a lot of possibilities and most are well under your price threshold.

I was hoping someone had a source similar to the 27” harbor freight. Everything I googled came back $400-500, which is just more than I wanted to pay for something I’ll use 4-5 times over the next 5 years.

Patrick — Where do you live? If you live near Northern VA you are welcome to borrow my narrow jack whenever as it doesn’t see much use. I think I bought it from either Northern Tool or Amazon, can’t quite remember.

-Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kane View Post
    I was hoping someone had a source similar to the 27” harbor freight. Everything I googled came back $400-500, which is just more than I wanted to pay for something I’ll use 4-5 times over the next 5 years.
    Northern Tool is another option
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I got a used 27" wide for $50 or $60, decided I wanted a 21" and with recommendations from here got the Crown. It cost about that $500, but is one of the few that you can buy parts for. Sold the used one for what I had in it.

I don't use it often, but I like it so much, I am removing mobil bases from large tools and replacing them with simple 4X4's with a plywood top. Just the other day I used it to move around loaded shelving units. Handy for moving a Chevy motor on a pallet, out from under my work bench.

I even used it to take a 600# tool off a pallet and onto the home made base, last week.

As I get older, I have to keep coming up with smarter ways to do things that I used to do the hard way. (76 in a couple weeks)

PS: Think of all the new friends you will make.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 09-15-2018 at 10:58 PM.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Free shipping and $339.00

ebay.com/itm/PALLET-JACK-HAND-TRUCK-21-5-X-48-5500-Cap-NEW-1-YEAR-WARRANTY-SHIPS-FREE/252278461818?hash=item3abcf7d57a:g:jk8AAOSwwpdW3QU Q

I recently needed new pallet jacks. I bought 4 of them, 1 of which was a 21” unit, the rest were 27” . I had heard Crowns were best, but I think any of the better brands will do just as well. So, some names- Raymond- they actually invented the modern pallet jack, Bishamon- Japanese I believe,
    Clark, which is what I ended up with. I paid around $325-350 each for brand new.
    I also gave these a very close inspection, of build quality and lube points, etc..... Any of the better names have parts available, Clark’s warranty was the longest.
    Any of them will also tell you, if they need service, other than a wheel, you might as well buy a new one. They are considered a “consumable” in the warehouse industry.
    Try what you buy with as heavy a load as you can. You should be able to have feather-like control of the descent. If not, pick another brand.
    I bought a Multi-Ton from MSC some years ago and couldn’t try it. It all but drops any load over about 800-1000 lbs. Stay away is my response when asked about them.

bought a Lift Rite I think it is from an auction. I never see them less than about 105.00 Can. I likely paid 175.00 and two hours away. They are 500.00 or so new. I had a thought pattern my neighbour is 87 and had raised her grandson, he bought a home in that town where the auction was. I won the bid then told her I have to pick something up in London do you want me to take you to see your grandson and his new first home. She nearly cried she was so happy. This thing is 19 years old and works fine, I did spend some time to clean and lube it. You can get parts. I wasnt aware of 21" at the time, would have been an easier choice but I figured out a way thats fine. My ignorance on the two main widths and thinking they were all the same, then more so working over 35 years moving heavy stuff without one. 5,000 lb capacity I would not touch one that is less, It goes down as slow as you want it was just a case of me figuring that out, first time down too fast next times as slow as I want once I got that it works that way.
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 09-16-2018 at 10:08 PM.

It is all about the control valve and ability to feather the load down gently. That is why the better ones cost more and are worth it. Dave

I picked my pump truck up for $100 on a used buy and sell. Mine is all galvanized made by Marcell and it has two front wheels on each of the legs for handling rougher terrain. All 6 wheels are cast-iron wrapped with neoprene. Mine is rated for 5500 pounds and it is a 27 inch model. I believe mine new was about $1400.

Only thing I can suggest is stay away from the models that have rear plastic wheels.
    Last edited by Matt Mattingley; 09-16-2018 at 10:52 PM.