Thread: Local woodworking guild?

Local woodworking guild?

Our tomato plants are quite productive and all the neighbors have tomato plants too. What to do?

Usually on a Friday or Saturday night, I go to my local pub where I consume two locally brewed Scotch ales and then go home. It's a quiet place. Speaking to the female owner one night, I noticed she'd handed someone a bag with zucchini in it. I asked her if she'd bought an excess? She said no, people bring in stuff out of their gardens to share with other patrons. I asked her if she'd like some tomatoes. She said she never has difficulty getting rid of tomatoes.

Last night I took a nice size bag of tomatoes that we have picked since Wednesday. In return, she bought my first Scotch ale. I had taken a wine stopper as a gift for another elderly patron. Diane was so excited about the wine stopper that she was showing it to everybody, telling them I made it. As a gentleman was paying his tab, he walked over to me, introduced himself and asked if I was a woodworker. I told him yes and I have a standalone shop. He informed me that there was a valley woodworking guild that meets once a month. He said he'd find out when the next meeting was and call me.

I didn't have a clue there was a woodworking guild here. But then, again, I've only lived here since 1982.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    That is great.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I bring tomatoes, bread, mayo, sliced cheese, salt & pepper knifes cutting board and a roll of paper towels and offer make your own sandwiches to my turning club & Woodworkers Guild meetings. Very well received.
    i had to tomato sndwhiches for lunch. Nice time of year. Kevin