Thread: Opinions wanted on Delta/Invicta Rs-15 shapers

Opinions wanted on Delta/Invicta Rs-15 shapers

As the title suggests I am looking for anyone who owns, or has used these machines. Are they a good shaper for all around millwork and making doors ? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the design ? Also if not this shaper which others should I be watching for ? Thanks,Mike. P.S. I already own a three horse and am not interested in anything but larger machines .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    As the title suggests I am looking for anyone who owns, or has used these machines. Are they a good shaper for all around millwork and making doors ? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the design ? Also if not this shaper which others should I be watching for ? Thanks,Mike. P.S. I already own a three horse and am not interested in anything but larger machines .
    Great shapers. Use a precision straight edge to check the table for dishing and make certain the fence sides are coplanar. These are the extent of the issues I have seen. It is a result of very heavy use--this model was a workhorse for many large industrial companies for many years. Some window companies around my area have had several dozen of these shapers in operation at one time.

A newer model of similar build is the Invicta TI-14. My Invicta is 100-lbs or more heavier than my SCMI T-130, although the fence on my T-130 is superior. As long as the fence is coplanar on the Delta/Invicta, it would meet most of my needs. I am a fan of and would install an Aigner fence on it though.

Thanks for the reply Greg.