Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issue with 20Watt Fibre laser engraver from Ebay ( China )

Issue with 20Watt Fibre laser engraver from Ebay ( China )

While engraving today the laser went off the material and it seemed like it auto aimed it self to the back of the base. The laser indicator is gone unless i unplug the Galvo head.

Has anyone has this issue before? Did something inside the unit like a Mirror or some sort of alligment device go loose fall off inside the head?

Here is the Device i purchased, Customer support is non exsistant with them

EDIT: I removed the Galvo head and it appears the laser itself is good, When i plug the cord back into the Galvo head the mirrors inside move quite darastically. So it seems like the head is out of alignment, Is there settings in EZcad2 that im able to tweek the mirrors?

EDIT2: after reinstalling the galvo head the system seem to have reset the mirror alightment on its own and its working normal now.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/401415223181?ul_noapp=true
    Last edited by Chris Gilley; 09-14-2018 at 4:35 PM. Reason: SOLVED

The mirrors should move to home position, then 'park'. If they're 'moving drastically', when you plug in the head, that's not right because the mirrors don't move 'drastically' even while engraving.

something is likely wrong with either the head itself, or the controller may be sending the mirrors garbage data...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Great that it's working again!

Sounds like the plug may not have been seated fully from the get-go. I don't know how many times in my life that simply unplugging and re-plugging a pair of connectors together solved a problem!
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

@Kev Williams

Im having this issue again, Seems like the Mirrors in the head have a mind of their own. Even with the software or laptop unplugged they randomly move darasticallyto the back of the base.... After a little bit of idle time it resets itself. If you look closely you can actually watch the laser pointer move slowly back.. The Darastic move happends randomly and either resets itself or a reboot of the laser puts it back to center

Not sure where i could get a new head to try, The Customer support is not helping again lol

I've been thru a similar situation with my machine- While I wasn't getting random drastic movements of the mirrors, I was getting garbage engraving at times..
    marine1.JPGmarines2.jpgff1.jpg

What I first did was open up the box, and locate the wires from the scanhead to the control board,
    bright green in this pic-- Circled in red are the board and scanhead connectors...
    ff2.jpg

--I pulled the connector from the control board and removed the cover to have a look.
    Seemed fine, so I put it back together and plugged it back in...
    ff3.jpg

After that, I never had a problem. However, Triumph insisted that because it was
    still under warranty, they wanted to send me a new scanhead. Which they did-
    When I got it, I found that somewhere between my house and the far east,
    someone had dropped the thing, note the lens collar is bent-

ff4.jpg

I put my old collar on, installed it and it's been working fine ever since.

To this day I really don't know if the scanhead was faulty or not since it never messed up after just removing and replacing the connector cord.

Triumph has been really good to me as far as customer service goes, no complaint.

As for your ordeal, have you contacted Ebay to see if there's any way THEY can light a fire under your seller's butt? If your machine is still under warranty someone should help you out...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Infact my unit was shipped in a wooden box that was beat around. The Crank for the Lence height was smashed to pieces which tells me something like this may have occured. I'll open it up and check what you said and will update

Thank you so much!!

Blog Entries
    Assuming you paid with Paypal when going thru Ebay. If so, ignore ebay and go straight to Paypal and open a dispute with them. No warranty service. Paypal will usually do better at getting you money back or fire under them than eBay.
    You have 90 days from purchase to open. Get moving.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

This Pin on the back has never been hooked up.. Looks to me like a ground for something, Would this be causing any issues?

https://imgur.com/a/KSojBAW

I can get a few certification bands done but once i stop the 2nd and i try to hit "LIGHT" instead of a Square the area is just a line and it slowly drifts towards the back of the lense and then quickly to the back, If i turn the Main switch on and off a couple times you can actually hear some movement in the head and then the laser is back to its home position, But shortly after the laser will repeat the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gilley View Post
    This Pin on the back has never been hooked up.. Looks to me like a ground for something, Would this be causing any issues?

https://imgur.com/a/KSojBAW
    What's causing your issues is buying a piece of equipment from an ebay seller that sells everything under the sun as long as they can make money doing it. They don't know anything about any of the product they sell and have no intention of providing you with any support. Not everything bought on ebay will have problems, a lot don't, but when they do have problems you are pretty much out of luck. Your first mistake was not sending it back when it arrived damaged. Do as John suggested and file a claim with PayPal and get a refund.

Ditto Gary and John, stop wasting time here and get it done. Longer you wait less chance of getting any recourse.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I will make a claim with Ebay, I cant find the transaction on Paypal so i probably used my Visa directly on Ebay unfortunitly..

In the mean time i rely need this to work, There is cert plates that i have to get done so atemp solution would be great... Here is a video of what its doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2amKP0u555M

Interesting video-- watching the box change shape was a new one. But thru most of it when you stopped, the red pointer went 'home' in the middle of the one hole. Then the home position began raising. At the 3:40 mark the red dot was about an inch too high, and you went to the computer, and the red dot just shut off, then came back on in the original position inside the hole...

My question, what did you do to shut off the red pointer? I can't do that from my computer, I have a dimming knob on the machine itself that must be used to kill the red LED...

From all that it's hard to point a finger- either the mirrors just doing what they're told, indicating a controller problem, or the controller's fine and the scanhead is bonkers. The easiest way to troubleshoot would be to try another scanhead, but it's not like they're just sitting on shelves at Walmart

Other suggestions that won't cost anything, maybe--- different computer, different USB cable, different USB port on the computer... I can walk around my place and pick up at least THREE USB cables that won't reliably transfer data, one of them a fairly new amplified cable. I have had way less than stellar service with USB ever since it came out. It would not surprise me a bit if a new USB cable fixes your problem. Might not be likely, but wouldn't surprise me
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

@Kevin Williams

You have any other suggestions? Its deffinitly not software related, and im not 100% if its in the Galvohead. Something inside the main box seems to be telling it to do things its not suppose to.

@Gary Hair

I have submitted a claim threw paypal, I sent the seller another video about the issue and they told me to just change the parameters and that was it lol.. Heres hoping i get my 5grand back

Does anyone have a suggestion for a laser machiene, I live in Canada but if i can get a retailer located in NA for a good laser machiene that would be great! Im ok spending money on something i know will work

Well given the issues with the "other" fiber on here that was solved by plugging in a cable, I would pull the box cover off, unless its sealed some way and check for loose connections.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10