Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammer K3 has arrived...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilkins View Post
    I agree that Hammer/Felder really know how to package a machine for transport. I saved all the 2 X 4 lumber from the crate of the A3-41 I just received; impressive thought went into protecting the unit.
    My take Mike is that the guys in shipping at Felder are paid by the number of screws and staples they use.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    My take Mike is that the guys in shipping at Felder are paid by the number of screws and staples they use.
    I have a "bucketful" of screws from disassembling the crate my CNC came in plus enough lumber to nearly do the renovations I want to do upstairs of my shop.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Update for those following this thread: We moved the K3 into the basement today, sliding it down the ramp I built on the very steep stairs. It was a little hair-raising, but actually went pretty smoothly. Tomorrow I will begin setting it up; so far all I've done is install a blade! But here it is in my currently very disorganized and messy shop!

hammer2.jpghammer1.jpg
    And there was trouble, taking place...

That looks great in your shop, Steve! And it's going to be even better once you're using it. 'Glad the "big slide" went well, too...I didn't hear any loud screaming or crying echoing over the fields, so that's a good thing. LOL
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    That looks great in your shop, Steve! And it's going to be even better once you're using it. 'Glad the "big slide" went well, too...I didn't hear any loud screaming or crying echoing over the fields, so that's a good thing. LOL
    Nope, no loud screaming or crying! A few shouts of "woah!" from me to have my Dad stop his truck in order to prevent the machine from sliding any further, but all-in-all it went really well. I can't wait to start setting up the machine!
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Steve, I think you're really going to enjoy working with a slider in your shop. Since I made the switch years ago, I'm happy to commiserate at any time, here or there. It's like a whole three mile commute. LOL
    --