Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any reason to buy a circular saw if you own a track saw?

I've never has a problem following a line with my tracksaw. It does have guide marks on the plate like any other circular saw.

Blog Entries
    As the old saying goes, "The difference between a man and a boy is the price of his toys".
    Have at it.

I have a circ saw, but no track saw. Am considering a track saw primarily for sheet goods and projects where the guides are valuable. But for me, this will not negate the need for a circ saw.

I was told the worm drive saws are great for beams and big stuff because they make a lot of torque. But otherwise too heavy to use a lot. This resonates for me, since I am one that prefers smaller/lighter tools at times vs purely 'more power'. I do have a Makita LXT battery powered circ saw that gets used a surprising amount, just because it is so dang easy, convenient, and lightweight (like if on a ladder or just wanting to chop a board off)

A friend of mine does construction work. His feedback was that circ saws are pretty much disposables. He runs them until they break (almost always because he dropped it not because it wore out), then buys a new one. This kinda resonates (not that I want to break tools... my circ saw is from the 70's and still works great).

I do think a circ saw is a required tool (for me), because of misc house and construction projects.
    Last edited by Carl Beckett; 09-17-2018 at 9:06 AM.