Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting expensive car trend.

Around here, we have a lot of two toned, either white and grey, or white and rust colored, Chevy and GMC vans and pickups. Never see a Ford in this two tone scheme. Maybe Ford knows better how to paint a white vehicle than does GM.

As most some have mentioned the vast majority of flat and chrome colored "paint" on cars will actually be wraps. While they are expensive in some ways beyond the owner being able to have a unique car they (almost) fully protect the paint. There are some car buyers who are extremely picky and perfect paint and no respray can be worth more in resell than the wrap costs. Ferrari and Porsche GT series car buyers are among the pickiest and want used cars that present showroom new since they are often paying near or even over the original price for a car already a couple of years old. I think some cars, almost exclusively exotic or just sub-exotic, look good in flat or chrome finishes. I will admit to having become a fan of non-traditional paint colors. My current favorite on Porsche cars is Agate Grey here on a GT4
    TMS_GT4__02.JPG
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

There are many places where flat black belongs, but to my eye, the entire body of a car is not one of them...

And to stir the pot - neither are wheels. Tires yes, wheels, yuk. As pretty as that GT4 in the pic above me is, those black wheels just turned it into a demolition derby car.

I like my wheels- and my black paint- to catch a little light
    wifeysgt.jpg
    The ragtop, not much I can do to gloss that up

(this is my wife's car BTW)
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    A kid down the street has his whole SUV painted with Rhino Liner. That was one sinister looking vehicle.

Cobbel Beach car show yesterday near Owen Sound, Canadas top car show simliar to Pebble Beach. Friends with cars in it from really old to new stuff GT-40 was one. Off the map quality cars from all over North America most brought in huge transports or at least trailed some driven. Zero plastic wrapped cars there just top pieces of car history up to some that are almost art work.
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 09-17-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    Zero plastic wrapped cars there just top pieces of car history up to some that are almost art work.
    You won't find wraps at a Concours d'Elagance but some people who actually drive their cars will wrap them between shows. I have a friend with a 288 GTO and he does that now. He loves it because he can drive the car without having a stroke.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.